Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Whatcha Know Good

The best part of my week.

I don't have to show you

you were there.

you saw it.

You are it.

(coincidentally, I do have a life, despite evidence to the contrary)

True.

You are all awesome.

Your jokes, laughs, above average ability to scarf down some food, below average capacity to complete a survey (I tease... sort of), thoughts, and bond delight me.

IMG_0640

IMG_0639

IMG_0638

But.

What makes y'all the best part of my week

is knowing that with you is where I am supposed to be.

Despite how unequipped I sometimes feel. Probably because of how unequipped I feel.

It means God has to take my passion

and interject some purpose.

(Otherwise, we would simply be a few lost college-ish-aged kids confused by score sheets.)

IMG_0644

IMG_0643

IMG_0641

And there in the intersection of those two

lies joy.

So.

The best part of my week is there. Where my passion meets God's purpose.

(Unless, of course, I get too caught up in my own inability or interest to let Him in on it)

I wish

I had the words

to tell each of you how fervently I pray for you to find that place.

To find that peace.

In the meantime, it

thrills

me that this internship is something "you know good" in your week.

Here's my blanket challenge for you this week.

At church,

we act like Christians.

And this is all well and good.

After all, shouldn't Christians act like Christians?

sure.

But. It easily becomes an act.

Like how Kori acted like Satan yesterday.

(like how Dakota acts like he has a bad knee...) (that is a joke) (hope you enjoyed our message)

(we love you)

what does it take to react like a Christian?

how we respond to situations that we

can't plan for

is what reveals the most about us.

Let God be in your rest

and he will show up in the work.

In your interactions. In your needs.

I know you're busy.

Me too.

"Come to me, all you who are weary

and burdened,

and I

will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you

and learn from me,

for I am gentle and humble in heart,

and you will find rest for your souls.

For my yoke is easy and

my burden is light."

(Matthew 11:28)
...

"I am the vine; you are the branches.

If a man remains in me

and I in him,

he will bear much fruit;

apart from me

you can do nothing."

(John 15:5)

I don't know what your quiet time needs to look like

and I can't shove you in a closet

and tell you that you'll know God better if you read this book

or listen to that song.

But if you get still

He will meet you there.

God as He is

wants you where you are.

That

is what I know good.

The challenge: write "react" somewhere on your hand.

"A man who lacks

judgment

derides his neighbor,

but a man of understanding

holds his tongue."

(Proverbs 11:12)

Use the note on your hand

to remind you

to look for situations

that could use a little less of your lip

and a little more of God's

grace.

If you need an example

check Jesus out.

Mark 14-16.

A little less us

a lot more God.

There you have it.

Easter.

Spend some time really deciding what Easter means

to you and for

your reactions.

God wants you to know some good.

1 comment: