(my mom does not read this blog)
(Matt might, but good grammar is probably the least of his worries concerning me at this point)
First of all, I have to thank you so very much for being there Sunday and for your willingness to take some challenges regarding your spiritual life. I had so much fun getting bonded on Saturday, but the coolest thing about becoming closer is that we're able to be more intimate (Frankie a little more literally, what with all the cuddling...) and honest with our struggles-- and more personal in our discussion of the ways we want to see God work in our lives and through this internship. So let's don't get closer for the sake of being all "group-y" and what not (I really don't forsee this as an issue). Can we make the bonding for a) the sake of cohesion in our pursuit of God and b) openness to challenging each other? (and then c) for the fun inevitably involved!)
From what I've seen so far, y'all are game (especially our resident Rev with the peer counseling ;))
(And that makes me pumped more than you could possibly know)
I have some practical things coming up to assign you to as interns (in the grunt work meaning of the term). There are two events on the horizon that Matt needs assistance with. Each of you needs to commit to at least one:
behind door number 1:
Friday night (3-26-10) is the middle school lock in at the field house a couple of miles from the church. Registration starts at 9:30 p.m. and the most amount of help will be needed until about midnight as students stroll into the event. SO, those of you choosing this option would need to be there around 9:15 to do basic crowd control. I will going at this time, so if you need a ride, shoot me a text!
door number 2:
Next Wednesday (3-31-10) will be the church's Seder Supper, which is a passover week dinner served with lessons on the importance of certain passover tradition. Here you would be responsible for helping to serve the food (not prepare it or anything) and generally being an extra set of hands for Matt. You could also keep kids downstairs during the event if you feel so inclined. This is at 6:30, so you'd need to be there by 6:15 and stay until no later than 8. I have class during this, so I will NOT be able to do rides for you.
*SO, pick one of these things to do (or both if you're feeling ambitious or want a few extra intern points) and let me know which one you're planning on. Thank you for your willingness to get some grunt work done! (you can let me know by leaving a comment on this post, if you'd like)
*Another announcement! I will be leaving Fredericksburg around 1:30 p.m. this Saturday (3-27-10) to get to DC and do the 4:30 NCC service again. Because it was AWESOME, right?! If you'd like to come, let me know, I'm happy to have you along for the ride! Free Ebenezer's might be involved ;)
*We will be meeting this Sunday at 5. Get excited!
Alright, friends, that's it in terms of announcements.
Those of you able to hang around for this past Sunday's meeting, how are the challenges going? (again, you can leave a comment on this post if you'd like to share)
I'm writing this post today because I know by this point the week has a tendency of getting pretty mad and busy and the excitement of the weekend has worn out. BUT, I'm here to encourage you to keep going with them. Given that the basis of each of your challenges is to take time off to rest, think of it as a really good excuse to escape from the escalating madness of the midweek. God wants to know it all. So whether or not you've been keeping up with the "assignment" I gave you up to this point, be sure to take time today to rest from the work. To abide with God and ask Him to show up amongst the madness. To make you fruitful. This internship will only work off of the fruit you develop from having spent this time alone and honest before the Lord we seek to know and serve.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing... This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." -John 15:5, 8
That's Jesus talking there. Assuring you that the time spent alone with God is well worth it. Essential, even. I am praying for you all as you get away for just a bit and thank Him for each of your beautiful faces i mean hearts.
(your faces are beautiful, though)
(see?)
(who else is missing Ryan's beautiful face?) (you can leave your love for him in the comments section, too ;))
(Elizabeth, I don't know how to make your face be not cut out of the picture :-/)


No comments:
Post a Comment