Monday, March 22, 2010

A Full Day With No Other Interns.

And, it's kinda odd now. Good afternoon fellow Injuries. It's Kori here, just hoping today went well, and you all lasted through it. I know I had a nice battle with Geometry and the simple fact that letter and numbers should stay separate, but that's a different story.

But, all today, I couldn't help but think of this past weekend. Mainly because it was so awesome. I don't know about ya'll, but, that's what I have to say.

I had a scripture I wanted to show ya'll. We all had our assignments, and I know I followed through with mine. [Except for the quiet time. That's after I finish this.] I wrote a full page of scriptures and barely squeezed Revelation 21:4 on to the last line.

And that's the scripture I want ya'll to see. When we were at NCC, the pastor talked about a whole slew of scriptures, but Revelation 21:4 kinda stuck out to me. Because when he introduced it to us, he said that it was the promise.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

That seems, to me, the greatest promise I could ever hear. No more death. No mourning. No Crying. No pain.

Pretty sweet, right?
Right. I'd have to agree.

I even kinda starred that passage on my paper. It was just so amazing. This great and wonderful guy named Jesus wants me to not be hurt. He wants to wipe away every tear from my eyes. And from your eyes too. I can't get over how amazing that fact is.

We have a great God. And I so long for Him to be My portion. Not just a portion of my life. But my whole, entire, complete portion.

That line, "The Lord is my portion,therefore I will wait for Him." now has it's own little note card in my wallet. Just a reminder. And, I know He isn't quite my full portion, just yet. [Unfortunately.] But, I'm working on that. And I know I have a great God willing to help me, and great people to hold me accountable for that. *ahem* You guys. *ahem*

[Side note: Does anyone else think that 'Come Thou Fount' sound slightly Scottish? I'm not complaining, but, it surprised me.]

Well, I'm off to my closet. I have some alone time I have to spend with a very special God now.

Hope you're all well.
-Kori.

No comments:

Post a Comment