Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yesterday Is Gone So Say Goodbye

I'm using this font Trebuchet, becuase I think a trebuchete is something like a giant catapult, and it makes me think of Monty Python and the holy grail when they are flinging diseased farm animals over the castle wall. But i don't actually know what it looks like because i'm writing in that little box thingy, and the font is not changing. so...it may turn out to be completly unreadable. But I really hope that this is not so. =D

There are so many things that I could talk about I can't decide...hm...

A song that i've been listening to again lately is "I will not be moved" by Natalie Grant. Here's a link to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wu8YM-XDvs

She's just got such a strong voice, very assertive and what not, and if you listen to the song it really shows through with the lyrics and the instrumental aspects of it as well.

I will stumble

I will fall down

But I will not be moved

I will make mistakes

I will face heartache

But I will not be moved

On Christs' solid rock I stand

All other ground is sinking sand

I will not be moved


I've always listened to this song when I feel really worn out spiritually, and it always is kind of a kick in the face and it gets me back to where i need to be, and if not where i need to be, it reminds me.

Because thats always been my problem; I become lazy and tired and i just stop trying to live for God and I stop striving to be a better person. i just sorta say "oh...well...i know i shouldn't do this, but it's okay, it's just this one time." and it snow balls in to something rather big, and then it takes far more than a song lyric or too to get me out of the funk.

Revelation 3: 15-16

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!

So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth

It's kind of like Tea. (Lipton tea that is) It makes really yummy hot tea, and awesome iced tea, but the inbetween is just plain nasty. i dunno why, it just is.

God doesn't particularly care for grey areas or in-betweeners, and i don't really blame him.

Have you had any lukewarm tea lately? It ain't exactly a fanfare for your tastebuds.

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment