
Long time, no see. I miss y'all, crazily enough. :)
I do hope each of you had an awesome Easter heading into this break. Use it well, y'all. Get your rest.
(still don't know what I mean by that-- rest? Seriously there is a free coffee and an open mind ready to hear your thoughts and help you think it out. the ability to rest before God is absolutely crucial to you learning anything about what it means to be an effective leader. So let's talk if you need to!)
I have a couple of things for y'all to know--
a. we will be meeting this Sunday (the 11th) at 5
b. we will each be giving a 3-5 minute testimony this Sunday (the 11th) at 180. Yes, all of us. Including me. Including you. It will be crucial to Matt's message, so there is zero chance of him cancelling or postponing us. It doesn't have to be all you talking-- you might want to include a bit of video or song or pictures along with your -who I was -what God did -who I am today.
If you need help, see the above parentheses-- it is my job to offer it to you. So I guess I'd be open to talking. ;)
c. i need each of you to either leave a comment on this post (with your name in comment, as every one of us will show up as the same commenter), send me an e-mail or a text to let me know if you are on spring break this week AND what the results of your survey during our last meeting were (are you prophet, apostle, evangelist, pastor or teacher?) you know, just for my FYI. and once I have that information I will coordinate it. Since, you know, it is my job ;)
d. speaking of job, where are my posts, interns? Okay, it's really not that serious. Like at all. But. I would like to hear from you Eric and Frankie. Because I value your thoughts. That sounds scripted, but I mean it. In a "Frankie, I need your humor to be immortalized on this blog and Eric, I know you have some sort of deep word to share up on here" kind of way.
Kori, what day do you want this week?
e. We are planning the very first (annual? ;)) Matt's House Sleepover for April 16. Dunkin Donuts will be in order for very early Saturday morning and a great time will be had by all. So ALL better be there ;)
f. I go to a bible study on the UMW campus that meets every monday night at 7:30 and you are all cordially invited to see what Christianity on a secular campus looks like. Mike Dudley is the pastor and he is eager to meet y'all and act as a resource to you-- he knows all sorts of student pastors all over the country, and especially in Virginia. I am always willing to pick any or all of you up or have you meet at my apartment to walk on over to the study. I promise it is worth your time.
Speaking of worth your time, can I just say one more time how grateful I am for each of you being a part of this program. Do you feel like you're getting what you want/need from it or from me? Yes, no, maybe so, don't know? Tell me.
The program and I can only meet your expectations if you express them. And I'll have you know that you have a God who loves you enough to want to exceed your expectations. Let's get to know Him. Okay? He has uniquely gifted each of you-- don't be satisfied with so-so!
I am praying for each of you, today specifically, that God would speak to you somehow and that you would be ready to hear Him.
After all, our motto is What is God saying and what are you going to do about it?
You can't fail this internship, y'all.
But you'll feel like a failure in a lot of things if you don't focus on getting that down first. If you don't know God as your portion.
Feeling like a failure today? Not feeling much of anything today?
Don't.
Your life is much too precious for that. Don't believe me?
Go read the Easter story one more time.
Kori- Evangelist, pastor.
ReplyDeleteI told Elizabeth I'd take over for her Tuesday and post later on today, if that's all hunky dory with you. =)
ERIN!
ReplyDeleteI'm a Pastor, we already talked about it, and I feel it describes me well. (:
Thank you so much for Coldstoneeee! <3