To Sadie, from us interns.
So, I took the liberty of doing what I do.
And, I wrote a poem.
For Sadie.
[I know it's horrible. It's supposed to be.]
Late night car rides,
Living what's on the inside.
Random texts of bible verses,
And multiple winces.
"Kick you in the face."
Words carved from fate.
You changed my life,
At IHOP at midnight.
Chick fil a meetings,
Car ride singing.
Our greasy Five Guys
Burgers and Fries.
You know our hearts,
And we'll miss you
When we're all apart.
Snapshots of our lives.
With or without a camera,
We'll never forget.
Living what's on the inside.
Random texts of bible verses,
And multiple winces.
"Kick you in the face."
Words carved from fate.
You changed my life,
At IHOP at midnight.
Chick fil a meetings,
Car ride singing.
Our greasy Five Guys
Burgers and Fries.
You know our hearts,
And we'll miss you
When we're all apart.
Snapshots of our lives.
With or without a camera,
We'll never forget.
So, Sadie. That is for you. And also, a not-parting-but-still-kinda-even-though-it's-not-really-leaving gift for you.
And, a part of 1st Chronicles 29:9
And, a part of 1st Chronicles 29:9
9 The people rejoiced at the willing response of their leaders, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the LORD...
You are too great!
ReplyDeleteI do hope y'all know how much I LOVE you and appreciate your time and words.
I miss you already....
:)